UNCRC Article 19 – The right to be safe.
At Timothy Hackworth Primary School, we regard the safeguarding of children as our main priority. We believe that we all have the right to be happy, to be safe and to learn. We all have the responsibility to make this happen.
We will ensure that:
- The welfare of the child remains paramount.
- All children whatever their age, culture, disability, gender, language, racial origin, religious beliefs and/ or sexual identity have the right to be protected from harm.
- All suspicions and allegations of abuse will be taken seriously and responded to swiftly and
- All staff and volunteers working at our school have a responsibility to report concerns to the designated leads for Safeguarding: Mrs Boulton (Headteacher), Mrs Slattery (Deputy Head Teacher), Mrs Reid (Assistant Head Teacher) or Miss Stainsby (Parent Support Advisor).
Areas of Safeguarding
Our safeguarding policies cover all areas of school life and include:
- Staff & Visitors- ensuring they are vetted, informed & trained.
- Children’s Behaviour- promoting safer & happier behaviours & lifestyles.
- Parents & Carers- promoting links & supporting families.
- Premises – keeping them safe, maintained, pleasant & fit for purpose.
- Curriculum – providing positive, life affirming learning experiences.
- Outside School- ensuring safer activities and environments outside school.
All our school policies can be found in the School Policies Section of our website.
Members of Staff Responsible
We are all responsible for ensuring that each child remains safe, however the Designated Leads for Safeguarding are Mrs Boulton, Mrs Slattery, Mrs Reid, Mrs Kozlowski and Miss Stainsby.
We follow strict procedures to ensure that everyone who works with our children is vetted, keeping our children as safe as possible.
UNCRC Article 19 – every child has the right to be properly cared for and to be protected from harm.