Wearing our school uniform with pride is very important at Timothy Hackworth Primary School.
Our School Uniform Policy reflects our Rights Respecting School’s ethos of high expectations and being the best that we can be and is based on the belief that school uniform:
- supports our high expectations of our pupils; to ensure that our pupils are the best that they can be;
- promotes a sense of pride in our school and has a positive impact on behaviour and attitudes in school;
- promotes being a positive school ambassador within school and beyond it in the wider school community;
- cultivates a feeling of belonging to our Timothy Hackworth school family;
- signals that the children represent our school, which entails greater responsibility in maintaining our respectful image and reputation;
- identifies children with our school when taking part in out of school educational activities and visits;
- is practical and looks smart;
- is inclusive of all children in our school;
- makes children feel equal to others in terms of appearance;
- is not distracting in class;
- is regarded as suitable wear for school and considered by most parents as good value for money;
- is designed with health and safety in mind, to ensure that our pupils have the right to be safe;
- to prepare our pupils for the world of work, where uniforms are required for specific jobs later in life.
School Uniform Requirements
- Royal blue sweater/cardigan/sweatshirt;
- Grey or black tailored trousers/skirt/pinafore;
- White shirt or polo shirt;
- Grey, black or white socks or tights;
- Black, flat school shoes (no trainers please);
- Long hair tied back with a simple hair band or hair bobble.
As above, or:
- Blue gingham dress;
- Grey or black tailored shorts instead of tailored trousers;
- Summer hat.
- Black jogging bottoms;
- Plain black shorts;
- Plain white round-necked t-shirt;
- Black plimsolls (for indoor P.E.);
- Trainers (for outdoor P.E.);
- Children may wear their school cardigans or sweaters if the weather is cold.
- Swimming trunks or a simple one-piece swimming costume;
- Swimming hat.
Children in 2 Year Olds, Nursery and Reception will also need a:
- Waterproof jacket with a hood;
- Wellies (to keep at school).
The following Items are not permitted in school:
- Jewellery, including earrings (The wearing of a watch is permitted);
- Heeled shoes;
- Nail varnish;
- False nails;
- Hooded tops;
- The wearing of Smartwatches;
- The wearing of Fitness Trackers.
Our uniform has been kept simple to avoid unnecessary expense and can be purchased from local shops. Should you wish to purchase uniform with a ‘Timothy Hackworth’ school logo, this can be ordered online, as below.
All uniform items must be clearly labelled as this helps if items become either lost or misplaced.
The children will receive positive praise and will be rewarded for wearing their school uniform. If a child comes to school not dressed in school uniform, a member of staff will contact parents and carers to discuss this.
How To Order
You can order our school uniform direct from Emblematic using the link below – our school reference number is thps060.
There is no minimum order and orders can be placed throughout the year as needed. Delivery takes about 4-6 weeks from order. If you choose to have the order delivered to school, this will be given to the children to bring home.
Each garment will be discreetly embroidered with your child’s name (usually on the hem at the bottom) in the same colour thread. This means that mislaid uniform items can easily be returned to their owners; we think this is a really fantastic idea. Size information is printed on the reverse of the order form or we have samples in school to try.
Please ensure that you order the correct size uniform, as garments cannot be exchanged when they are personalised.
Please see our School Uniform Policy here.
You may need a product like Adobe Reader (free download) to view our PDF documents on our website.