Welcome to our Year 1 class page!
Our Learning in Year 1 (2022-2023)
- Our Learning in Year 1 Autumn Term
- Our Learning in Year 1 Spring Term
- Our Learning in Year 1 Summer Term
Year 1 English
In Year 1, we are reading ‘Dear Greenpeace’ by Simon James. It is a book that made us think of the question, ‘Who are Greenpeace?’
We have learnt that they are a group of people who take action to look after our world. We have a right to have information shared with us (CRC Article 17) and to form opinions of our own (CRC Article 12).
We watched a video about Greenpeace and, as you can see from our faces, we all became very involved in the issues raised. As a class, we are not happy that pollution is entering our seas and that animals and plants in our world are facing the consequences of this. We have a democratic right to have our opinions heard and feel that, as global citizens, we all need to work together to make positive changes.
Ideas shared in our class:
- We should write a letter to Greenpeace to get some more advice.
- We should write a letter to the Prime Minister to get the country to stop polluting the seas.
- We should recycle. Always!
- Why are we making so much rubbish? We should think of better ways.
- I am asking my dad to take scissors with us next time we go to the beach just in case we find something stuck in some plastic!
- Do people collect the rubbish on the beach?
- Maybe we should have better machines for rubbish? I could invent one!
Year 1 Maths
Year 1 Design Technology
In DT 1T had a great afternoon sewing. We used binca and wool to practise the running stich.