We adapt the curriculum and learning environment for pupils with SEND.
To successfully match pupil ability to the curriculum there are some actions we may take to achieve this:
- Ensure that all pupils have access to the school curriculum and all school activities;
- Help all pupils achieve to the best of their abilities, despite any difficulty or disability they may have;
- Ensure that teaching staff are aware of and sensitive to the needs of all pupils, teaching pupils in a way that is most appropriate to their needs;
- Helping pupils to gain in confidence and improve their self-esteem;
- Work in partnership with parents/carers, pupils and relevant external agencies in order to provide for children’s special educational needs and disabilities;
- Identify at the earliest opportunity, all children that need special consideration to support their needs (whether these are educational, social, physical or emotional);
- Make suitable provision for children with SEND to fully develop their abilities, interests and aptitudes and gain maximum access to the curriculum;
- Ensure that all children with SEND are fully included in all activities of the school in order to promote the highest levels of achievement;
- Promote self-worth and enthusiasm by encouraging independence at all age and ability levels;
- Give every child the entitlement to a sense of achievement;
- Regularly review the policy and practice in order to achieve best practice.
More details on how we adapt information, our environment and curriculum can be found in the Accessibility Plan which you can find in the School Policies section of our website.
Our Additional Needs Budget is used to support children and young people with SEND. This is used to support children and young people with SEND by:
- Improved pupil:teacher ratio
- Purchase of additional resources to support specific outcomes for pupils
- Tracking and monitoring of achievement
- Targeted intervention and support programs
- Specialist Teaching Assistants to provide effective support
- Early identification and assessment
- Improved ICT resources – iPads/ Laptops
- Continuous CPD for all staff
- Purchase of Service Level Agreements to provide additional specialist and targeted support
- Education Visits
If a child has complex special educational needs, we could also receive additional funding from the Local Authority to meet the agreed outcomes.