CRC Articles 28 and 29: All children have the right to learn and to be the best that they can be.
- Letters and Sounds is our Core Phonics Programme in school. As a result, letters and sounds are taught in a specific sequence as outlined in the Letters and Sounds programme.
- Letters and Sounds is taught in the Early Years and into Key Stage 1.
- Pupils are organised into ability groups in order to access the Letters and Sounds Programme which are relevant to their needs.
- Pupils in Key Stage 2 receive phonics teaching and learning appropriate to their needs.
- Pupils are screened half-termly using Phonic Screen Check assessments.
- Reading material is linked to the relevant phonics phase stage as appropriate for pupils.
- The ‘Phonics Play’ website is used to support the teaching and learning of phonics.